2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is placed onto your computer or other electronic device, if you provide your consent upon accessing Bank’s website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer or electronic device’s hard drive.
The Bank though IT department use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of Bank’s website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Bank’s website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services;.
- Analytical or performance cookies – these allow Bank to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Bank’s website when they are using it. This helps Bank to improve the way Bank’s website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to Bank’s website. This enables Bank to personalise Bank’s content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to Bank’s website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Bank will use this information to make Bank’s website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);.
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve Bank’s content, products and services and to help us better understand Bank’s customer requirements and interests;
- target Bank’s marketing and advertising campaigns and those of Bank’s partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For more information about the individual cookies Bank use and the purposes for which Bank use them, refer to the table below:
|Purpose for the cookie
|Liferay Cookie Support
|It shows if you support cookies.
|It shows language selected.
|It shows that you are actively using the site and records at all times how many users are visiting the site.
|Liferay ID Cookies
|Liferay uses these cookies to manage your access ID.Liferay uses these cookies to manage your access ID.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.