Central Treasury, London caters to the Treasury needs of the SBI, London Branch and the other Branches of SBI in Europe, Africa and Western Asia. These tasks are performed in the front office (dealers) and then processed by the Treasury Settlement Department (TSD) or Centralized Global Back Office (CGBO), Kolkata, as the case may be. There also exists a Mid Office for monitoring risks emanating from Treasury activities.
Activities of Central Treasury includes
- Money Market operations in three major currencies USD, GBP and EUR for periods ranging from overnight upto 1 year
- Foreign Exchange operations which include fixing of rate for Rupee remittance
- Undertaking transactions on behalf of clients. Treasury is responsible for quoting as best rate to the client as possible
- Hedging activities through Derivatives which includes Interest Rate Swaps and Cross Currency Swaps. Hedging is done for both the Banking book and for catering to client’s requirement.
- Trading in Sovereign Bonds
Central Treasury is manned by skilled dealers who are highly qualified to carry out all these activities.
Central Treasury London is equipped with necessary expertise and infrastructure which enables it to offer wide range of products; made to suit individual client’s specific requirement.